Will you buy the Apple iPhone in the UK on November 9th?September 18, 2007
Keywords: apple iphone uk o2 cpw carephonewarehouse
Congratulation to O2 and Carphone Warehouse ;-) for securing the deal.
It would be interesting to know how much O2 paid for this exclusivity and how this exclusivity will pay off with the recent iPhone unlocking and the iPod touch release.
In case you are still deciding whether or not to get the iPhone in the UK I have summarised a few points for you to consider that may help you to make up your mind.
£269 and a 18 month contract at (minimum) £35 / month.
What unique features does the iPhone have
+ a multi touch user interface
+ visual voicemail
+ Free Wifi at The Cloud hotspots (£12 / month normally)
+ high fashion status
What doesn't the iPhone have which is found on recent mobile phones
- 3G (the most recent high speed mobile data connection)
- Video recording
- Video calling
- MMS (picture messaging)
- A2DP (bluetooth stereo profile)
- MP3s as ringtone
- 3+ megapixel camera
- voice recording
- voice dialing
- copy and paste
- Macromedia flash support
- USB mass storage device usage
- saving images or files from browser
- bluetooth file transfer
- ability to delete individual text messages
- 3rd party application development (j2me, symbian, .net)
- bluetooth modem
I think you'll find the iPhone lacking if you are a mobile power user and used to the features listed above.
If on the other hand the priority for you is design, usability and top class support then the iPhone will be a good match.
PS The O2 "unlimited" data plan is limited to "1,500 internet pages per day". Whatever that means :-)
- Real time CCTV data and frog stews
- Bennetts motorcycle and scooter insurance renewal
- I went to Beachy Head, UK
- Total lunar eclipse 2007
- Prime Minister Tony Blair responds to my signature