How to connect your Plasma TVSeptember 10, 2003
Keywords: plasma tv component video composite scart rgb progressive
A plasma screen is really a computer screen and thus not as easy to connect to your video units as a traditional TV. After a lot of researching and browsing and asking, below I have summarised how to do it.
Ranging from lowest quality to highest these are various video signals that a Plasma TV should handle. Since you have invested in an expensive TV you should really try to use RGB quality or above:
- Aerial antenna.
- Composite video. Usually one single cable with yellow connectors
- S-video lead. Is usually a black lead that actually carries the video information on two separate leads.
- RGB SCART. Carries the information on 3 separate leads (red, green, blue).
- (Progressive) Component video. Also carries the video on 3 separate leads but has more bandwidth for the signal due to better use of colour space.
- DVI. Digital video from a computer
TrackBack URL for this entry: